Are you ready to live a bold and uncomplicated life? Join me in my journey and let's do it together.
Hi! I am Sarah Como. As a teenager, I was a confident, go-getter. Then life happened. Beaten down doesn't do my adult life justice. The more things would go wrong, the more I would doubt myself. One day, I woke up and found a depressed, lost woman in the mirror. Who was she? Over the past two years, I have gradually found myself again. It's much easier to break something than fix it, much to my teenage self's chagrin. ("It's easy. Just change your mind." How naive...) I have regained my bravery and self-confidence and I can't wait to see what the future holds for me.
"Why trust her? Who does she think she is?"
- At the age of eleven, I started reading self-help books. Because, you know, every pre-teen needs to learn how to turn their life around.
- As a teenager, adults would call me "wise" and "an old soul".
- I have made a lot (hear me... a lot) of mistakes as an adult despite my once "wise, old soul".
- My superhero name would be "Captain Clarity". I have a knack for getting directly to the issue and making it clear and simple to understand. Plus, if you don't understand then I am just going to keep talking until you do. Just ask my husband.
- I am an average, normal person. I am nothing special. Since I am not a lawyer or a doctor then you probably shouldn't listen to me. However, all my life friends and even strangers have been compelled to stop me in the grocery store and tell me all their problems. So you probably should too.
Yes, there will be a lot of "self-help" type posts because I am always striving to be a better person. But it is so much more than that. It is about making life better whether through music, fashion, travel, entrepreneurship, etc. Basically, if it relates to Bold or Simple then you will be able to find it here.
I hope you enjoy and let's be friends.
- A typical lazy night alone consists of switching the TV between the Disney channel and Bravo TV. I like my life with a little bit of corny innocence and over-the-top drama (as long as it's not my life. It's like watching a what-not-to-do of sorts).
- I love animals. You can often find me at the Nashville Zoo and don't take me to Petsmart if you are in a hurry. At home, I have a diabetic cat, a bratty cat that knocks everything in the floor, a ball-obsessed dog, and a bearded dragon.
- Cardio Kickboxing is my all-time favorite way to exercise. I would totally take Mixed Martial Arts classes if I weren't too scared to take a punch. By the way, I have never been in a fight.
- I am 1/8th Italian and have traveled to Italy to meet "mia famiglia". Since none of them know English, I am attempting to learn Italian.
- I married the first guy I ever kissed. After ten years he is still my best friend. I love to laugh and he loves to make me laugh. We spoil each other since we don't have kids. I wouldn't have it any other way.